Vinyasa + Power Yoga on the beach in Waikiki. Take your yoga practice outside and watch the ocean as you flow!
Daily Classes - Power Vinyasa Yoga
We offer Morning and Evening Yoga classes on the beach in Waikiki.
Our classes are a mix of vinyasa and power yoga set to music. Expect to get your heart rate up and work your core (and maybe try an arm balance!), then settle into your mat for some restorative stretching and a Savasana under the palms! Our classes are designed to be challenging for all levels. We welcome all levels of students and encourage beginners to listen to their bodies and find your comfortable edge!
If you have never tried yoga outside of a studio, you may be surprised at how focused and present you feel as you observe the ocean as you practice.
Full Moon Yoga - Power Vinyasa Yoga
Join us for our monthly special Full Moon Yoga class! Watch the sun set into the horizon and full moon emerge while you practice yoga on the beach!
This is a special 90 minute class that consists of 60 minutes of power vinyasa yoga and 30 minutes of restorative yoga set to music. We will flow through sun salutations as the sun sets and cool down with moon salutations. This class is designed to be challenging for all levels of experience.
Just show up and flow!
We bring the comforts of a modern yoga studio to the beach.
- We provide Yoga mats and yoga props when necessary
- We play light music inspired by our beautiful islands and allow space for the sounds of the ocean to take you deeper into your yoga practice
- Clean, public restrooms are located nearby
- Beach showers are available or jump in the ocean after practice!
Classes are held around 2743 Kalakaua Ave which is in between the Barefoot Beach Cafe and the Waikiki Aquarium. The exact location in the park may change from day to day depending on weather and park activity. We will send a dropped pin to the exact location of the class 10 minutes before class starts. Please bring your cell phone to class so we can help guide you if you need help. There are other fitness groups who practice in the park, so please check with the instructor to make sure you are in the right place.
Check in for class begins 10 minutes prior to the start of class. If you have trouble locating us, please send a text message to 808-492-8760 and we will help guide you to our spot. Please reserve your spot online so we can contact you in the event that the locations moves to another location at the park.
- What should I bring?
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (just in case)
- Your own mat if you prefer to practice on your own mat
- What should I wear?
- Fitted clothing that you can move and sweat in! Wear your swimsuit under your workout clothes if you plan to take a dip after class (highly recommended!)
- I am injured, can I still attend class?
- No, We advise that you do not attend class if you are currently injured.
- Where should I park?
- There is plenty of meter parking right across the street
- What is your cancellation policy?
- If you have booked a class and need to cancel, please notify us ASAP. Class cancellations must be made 12 hours prior to the scheduled time to avoid being charged the class. For last minute emergencies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you offer private lessons?
- Yes, please email email@example.com to inquire about a private lesson.
- Do you offer private group classes?
- Yes, we offer a variety of classes that can be tailored to suit the needs of your group or event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a private group class. Include the date(s), number of students and location.
- Who is your owner?
- Summer Rothwell is the owner and primary instructor for Yoga Under the Palms. Summer holds an RYT 200 certification and teaches in the style of power vinyasa yoga. Summer is also trained to teach yoga to children and children with special needs.
- What is Open Minded Yoga?
- Profits generated from Yoga Under the Palms help fund Open Minded Yoga which is a non profit organization that provides free yoga classes for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Hawaii. Website and schedule coming soon.